Osteopathy is based on the perfection of nature's work. When all parts of the human body are aligned, we are considered healthy. When they are not, the result is often illness and imbalance. In order to restore an imbalanced body, we must aim to readjust the non-alignment. The work of an Osteopath is to adjust the body from an irregular state back to a balanced state, resulting in an overall healthy human body.
The goals of our treatment:
1. Mobilization of joints, myocardial connective tissues,
2. Improve venous and lymphatic drainage and cerebrospinal fluid,
3. Enhance immune system function, endocrine and organ function,
4. Attain autonomic balance and address neural reflex activity, decrease afferent nerve signals and relieve pain,
5. Emotional balancing and compensatory mechanisms.
We use a wide range of manual osteopathic techniques in our practice, focusing on pain relieve techniques and visceral manipulation. What is Visceral Manipulation?
"The purpose of Visceral Manipulation is to recreate, harmonize and increase proprioceptive communication in the body to enhance its internal mechanism for better health." - Jean-Pierre Barral, D.O.
If you are experiencing any of the following issues, please contact us to see how we can help resolve and treat:
chronic neck/back pain
vertebral disc herniation
all types headaches
frozen shoulder and any shoulder issues
hip, knee, foot problem. Sciatica (any causes)
sprains/strains, sport injuries.
A few of the medical conditions our specialists treat:
Urine Leakage (incontinence) Urine Leakage (incontinence)
Post-C-Section pain Post-Prostatectomy pain
Pelvic pain Benign Prostate Hyperplasia
Pelvic pain Sexual Dysfunction